4.15.2006

Pictures...finally

So I finally got a usb cable that fits the camera my friend gave me. And thus here are some pictures from the past few months. Ill put more on later to stretch out the effect.
This is a picture from my first apartment that I lived in for the first two months. Two other teachers live there now. Its a nice spacious place with a good view. Ill put pictures of the view up later. I hang out over there every once in a while. Its a long walk. I made it last night and it took me about a half an hour. Its nice and quiet at night except in the bar areas. Every once in a while you see a random guy relieving himself on the sidewalk. Its not a big thing here. The first few times I wasn't sure where I was...yes a city with 1.5 mil people, but yeah its cool to just go on the side of the sidewalk .

This is my new apartment. I am currently sitting at the computer you see typing for you. The sliding door opens up into a little kitchen and if I were to turn the camera to the side you would see a little door for a bathroom. Its not too bad. I've hosted two people at a time before. Its difficult seating but you can work it out. Its a little bigger than it looks, Im standing a few feet in to take the shot. I just got the computer desk, i was using the little table to its right, which was very wobbly so I am happy about that.



This is my morning class. Seated from l-r: Thomas, Vincent, James, Joon, Jenny..Top Chad, Andy, John, Cassie, Ayoung, Sarah, and Hannah. I love them all. This picture is from the field trip we took on Friday. Rain kept us from going on Thursday. It was fun even though we were only there for maybe an hour or two. It was good, because all we really did was look at big rocks like the one you see. Apparently there are people buried under them or in them... something historical. Andy fell in the mud and got his pants all soiled. Sarah didn't smile like usual. Joon lost himself in the grand sights of the ground. It was fun.


This is a picture of Gwangju from Mudeung mountain. Its a big city. I live on the far side towards the other mountain range. There are plenty of mountains to climb and look around. I went a week ago and saw some nice sights. I can catch the bus to the base of the mountain and hike for the day. And then catch another bus right back home. Its really nice to have an escape from the city right on its edge. Thats all for now. More pictures to come. Hope you enjoy them. Peace.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

luke luke luke! way to get the USB cable! my patience was wearing thin... haha. it's good to see pictures of where you are... helps me have some visual context for when i think of you and how i wish we were driving to chapel hill to see Paradise Now again.