4.16.2006

More

Here are some more pictures. The first two are views in both directions from my old apartment. They can give you a little feel for the edge of town. This one shows a middle school and its field. You can see a little hill right below the mountain range in the distance...beyond that a ways is the center of town. A common theme throughout the city and I suppose Korea is the presence of high rise apartment buildings. Obviously the picture is taken from one. You see the three on the left and one on the right. Building up rather than out.


This view is to the left out towards the airport.
I used to watch planes take off and trains cross the horizon. The big convention center is pretty new. This is basically the edge of Gwangju. The city just seems to stop right on the other side of the center. I ran to the hill on the left one day. You can get a pretty good view of the city from there.
Below are two pictures from the mountains. One view of the city and another in the other direction towards more mountains.
Enjoy.


1 comment:

destinednomad said...

Anyo Hasio! Salaam Walekhum! :)
It is just so random that you are in Korea teaching English and taking Arabic classes...
Who knew?
Neways, nice to see your update and the pics. I shall be checking on it when I can.
I was told you were in this part of the world when I talked to your sister before this weekend.
I am glad you are enjoying your time.
-charisma