6.09.2010

You'll notice I'm starting to write more, and it's mostly out of enthusiasm for the things I'm doing and coming to an understanding of.
Generally, I feel a stronger presence of awareness in my day to day living. I notice that this right here is my life. There is no future or past that is as relevant as being where I am here and now. Mindfulness is a term I came across originally through the writings of Thich Nhat Hanh. In my own understanding, it is a practice of cultivating a mind and heart that lie anchored to the present moment. So there is no future to worry about or past to regret or be pained by when you can find yourself in the present. It would seem simple enough, but for me at least often proves very difficult. Meditation is a tool that helps me to come back to this mind and live more frequently in it. It's been a big part of my own evolution the past several years. Hopefully I'll find myself here more frequently. The Anthony De Mello link on the right is a great place to learn more if this sparks your interest. He is an amazing communicator.

No comments: