6.08.2010

Barefoot Running

You could say that generally I have started to become more active. I bike, run and practice Parkour throughout the week. I find that the extended time outdoors in activity is helping me to be more relaxed and present throughout the day.
Running is now a barefoot activity for me. I have been building up the pads on feet for the past month or so and am advised that it is likely to be another two before I my feet are fully at ease. For resources on why one might want to run barefoot see below.
http://barefootkenbob.com
Born to Run
Christopher McDougall
The basic idea behind it all is that I want to run injury free for a long time(hours and decades) and I want running to be activity that I enjoy as a movement: to see it not as a means to an end but as an end in itself.

No comments: