6.23.2010

Ignitable Drinking Water in Candor, NY, Above Marcellus Shale


I came upon a similar clip the other day and was shocked. I have since been doing research and came upon a growing battle between natural gas drilling companies and residents of small towns who list serious complaints about the effects of drilling. Living in PA it struck me that I should be concerned because a large number of new gas wells are being dug throughout the region. The new documentary Gasland is coming out and directly confronts the controversy. I haven't seen it, but think it should be important for anyone concerned with the safety of basic living to learn more about natural gas drilling and the effects it has on the local communities and environment. Hydro-fracturing is the method of gas extraction being used and is a good place to start to learn about the process. I think this a big deal, and so I would be silly not to share it.

No comments: