2.15.2006

Salaam

Note to self: Teaching is demanding and exhausting. This I knew only in words before this Monday. Monday I felt physical pain from teaching. My head was like a mellon shell containing a bowling ball. So I decided to take what proved to be the best medication...9 full hours of sleep. So its just tough to control 5 and now 6 five year olds. I need to find better ways to harness their energy into positive ordered energy that is conducive to learning. A buddhist monk was talking about teaching on TV last night and he had some good insights. Im learning. Thats all I can do right now. So I am giving my first test this Friday. And evaluations are due next week, so its a busy time. I just hope that I am giving my best. Several aspects of being a teacher do not come naturally to me but I do believe in committing myself to figure out how to make up for those weaknesses.

No comments: