5.19.2006

The Post Office


Thursday was our second school field trip. We went to the post office. Now hopes were high because I told my kids we were going to the moon. That I have learned can be a mistake. And nothing against post offices here, but for 3 to 6 year olds, if all they're going to see is empty rooms where mail is supposed to go and an occasional stamping...there's a little room for boredom. Even my most curious student, Joon, above in the blue, wasn't scoping each crack out like he usually does. Here are some of my boys making up for the lost excitement. Eventually we went to the park for a little food and play time. Field trips are great because your kids get to get outside and play. It was a little crazy keeping an eye a bunch of kids flying around a playground, but I did my time spotting kids on the caterpillar and flying them down when they got to high.
Monday was teachers day and all the teachers where gifted with presents. The best byfar was most of what I got...thank you notes. My favorite from Andy..."Luke Teacher Don't Do it crazy i like u from mussle man" Andy is becoming my class "mussle man" he loves to flex and scream to show his amazing strength. He also likes to bring in gigantic beetles to class. That was Tuesday I believe. He said his mom suggested he bring in this enormous beetle they found somewhere. It was great, even though most of my kids are scared of flies.

Its the weekend again. Weeks go by so fast. I have a bike now, so its great to get around the city. I'm always looking to increase my range within the city.
Last weekend I spent some good time cleaning and scrubbing mold off my kitchen ceiling. It's so nice now. We're getting a lot of rain from that tropical storm over here. And the yellow dust(Very fine sand blown in from the Gobi Desert) is still incredible. I should get a picture. After the rain the streets are just lined with yellow. I lost my voice for a few days last week because of it. That was fun.
Nothing too new. A new teacher should be on the way in a month or so. The World Cup starts soon. Everyone is getting ready for it. I even got a shirt for the Korean National team. Well see what response I get wearing it around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess Andy is on his way to becoming the "muscular ballerina" just like Lynn Swann of the Steelers!!!!! At least your post office looks bigger than the CHEWSVILLE post office and the boys could goof off without stepping on each other's faces! The kids are just adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, that comment was from me, Luke.....mom

Anonymous said...

i hope there was no loafing. get it luke? i actually had to kick a boy out of my class friday. the teacher was gone and the sub basically had me take over. yeah. i was giving a test and this boy wouldn't stop talk and wouldn't do his test after 5 warnings to stop talking. so when openly defied me i took his test and sent him to "the box" (something like an in school suspension room) yeah it was bad. anyway i have to go to bed cause i don't have a life right now.