6.27.2006

Bittersweet

Funny things happen. The other day a bee flew into me on my bike to plant a stinging kiss on my sweet lips. I don't know why bees like my face so much. I've had a nose sting, several neck stings and now we're moving a little more intimate. I don't appreciate being stung on the move...its pretty hazardous to be stung riding through the city on a bike. But escaped with only a fat lip to tell the story.

It can be said that laryngitis is a difficult thing to teach with. So Ill say it. But not out loud. These evenings are my time of rest. I try to spend the whole night in silence to rest my ailing larynx. Today it got so bad I went on my first trip to the doctors office in Korea. I've been feeling not so good for the past 4 or 5 days. But the loss of speaking power has been gone for about two. Today was ridiculous. Hopefully the medication will work fast so I can speak. I'm not quite down to a whisper but I feel that coming late in the day after so much talking. Who would of thought I would get a job where I have to speak so much. At least I have kids... who make it alright. Today one of my morning girls made it alright by explaining a night club to me. (Its one of our vocab words) She told me that's where you go on a date. I asked what else happens there and pointed at the picture on the flashcard(the people were dancing). She says "Jump rope!"

I only wish, we could jump rope at night clubs. There's a good entreprenurial idea for anyone who wants to run with it.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i'm on it. a jump-rope night club. i'm throwing around ideas for the jump-rope music mixes already... but only if you'll go in on it with me when you get back...

Anonymous said...

haha, that is awesome!! (about the jump rope)