1.02.2008

Seoul 2008






As I said I was in Seoul with Joy and Matt for the first weekend of this break. Got a new camera for a decent price. And am now sharing the fruits of its first use. It looks like all i did was go to historic sites but the first few days were spent eating, walking and playing. We got reservations for a show called Nanta, which was awesome. A modern mix of traditional drumming, dance, and theater. (To any who might visit Seoul check it out.) We were mixed up on the show's time, so we waited it out in an arcade where we played games and sang a Cher song in a tiny karaoke booth. (Also highly recommended.) Of great pleasure early in the trip were shawarmas at a Turkish shawarma stand, also all you can eat curry at an Indian restaurant.
Still nursing a chronic injury, I have been limited in what I can do this break. I can rest and relax while finishing the last Harry Potter and begin organizing for my departure from Korea, less than two months away. It snowed the last two days, so I am debating whether to go out for a short hike or not. It could give me more pain in my hip, but how could I miss my last chance to be out in snow covered Korean mountains? Anyway I'm enjoying the time off and the snow. Though it has been dreadfully cold as of late. Hope you are all well.

No comments: