10.06.2007

Kids are Funny

So I will just give a few stories to validate my claim.

1. Dean- Sneezes a great sneeze...with this to his credit- he covers his nose with his hands...on the pullback he notices some remnants of mucus membranes...then proceeds to lick what had been projected onto his palms. (My reaction- amazement and disguised laughter)

2. Brien- After a somewhat frustrated warning to the class on their volume I overhear Brien explaining to Jay "Luke Teacher is very busy. Not only morning class. After morning class there is afternoon classes...two." Thank you Brien for your understanding.

3. Fred- As with any story from Very Easy Reading 1 I ask my normal comprehension questions. "What does the elephant use to pick up the woman?" Several hands go up. "Yes, Fred." Fred puts his hands together creating some kind of form I'm sure I've seen before..."Teacher...Dog!"... a moment of what is not clarity..."Yes, Fred...'dog'. Very good, thank you." (enjoyment of the moment) "Now can anyone tell me what the elephant uses to pick up the woman?" (his trunk)

4. An anonymous student of another teacher- In the midst of their childish energy set loose in the playroom a fierce game of scare the other person breaks out: growls, angry looks, and hand guns. Unnamed Student #1 approaches his teacher with a double barrel hand gun...stares with fierce eyes and shouts..."Kazakstan Police!" (a first year student mind you...the teacher surrendered, no negotiation)

5. Lance- Notorious throughout the school for his large skull...following the construction of a vest in one of our art projects, we proceeded in the fitting. Unknown to me Lance had proceeded on his own and one could only guess the outcome of his endeavor. As I made my way to his table I faced a broken vest and a defeated look. And the only appropriate response, which I have been waiting for for some time...perfectly spoken he informed me "Teacher my head is too big!" ( the vest was fixed)

No comments: