6.30.2007

It is now July. The rainy season began about a week ago. Though we've had a day or two of sun. Yesterday was incredibly hot and humid. The sun here is more intense than the one I remember in America.
I'm just on the other side of one of my more busy two week stretches. I had parent conferences yesterday. They went very well. I was lacking the nervousness I had last year. I feel my teaching has improved dramatically since the time I have been here. Last year I wasn't as confident. So knowing more about teaching and being able to talk more confidently about the kids and what they can do to improve has made life a lot easier with regard to meeting with parents. I also feel a much better rhythm to my teaching this year and I can more easily sense the class and what I need to be doing to maintain their interest and make sure they understand what were learning.
After a hot day yesterday, it started raining at night. It was a very strong rain, and we had lighting and thunder...a rare occurance in this area. I slept wonderfully to the sound of drops on the window. I love the rain.
So the word is not certain yet, but the hopes are that I will be headed home at the end of the month for a little vacation. I should arrive late on July 28. My aim is to have a relaxing time mostly at home with my family. Though I'm sure a few days to visit Harrisburg won't hurt. I'm very excited. It will be very nice to not teach for more than two or three days. I also have a mind for fig newtons and beans. I trust they are both still available stateside. Hope to see some of you soon.

1 comment:

Kate EB Evans said...

hurray! you are coming home!! kate