12.10.2006

A Wedding and A Hike





Yesterday, I went to my first Korean wedding. One of the teachers I used to work with got married to a Korean girl. It was a lot of fun. I was laughing most of the service because of the informal style. There was a sort of MC who always said what was coming next. After a long bit of Korean he would break and say stuff like, "Ok, just say yes." A few of my kids were there running up and down the aisles hitting me. There was a lot of clapping. You could tell there wasn't a rehearsal as we understand it. But it was a lot of fun.

Then today I got inspired and went for a hike. I decided to climb to the top of our local mountain. I got off to a late start, leaving my apartment at 1:30. I got there around 2:15 and marched my way to the top. It's just under 4,000 feet so its a sufficient climb. I got to the top and took the can of tuna I had made it into a sandwich. It was nice and cold and beautiful as the pictures might tell. I'm up in the white that you can see far away in the first picture. Then I marched down at times running, to make sure I caught the bus home before they stopped running. I stopped for a bit to sit in the woods. I had to take the time to hear one of my favorite sounds...nothing. It was good and dark before I reached the bottom. Now I'm tired and will probably be walking like a duck tomorrow, but I like ducks.

No comments: