1.11.2006

First Week

Its been an interesting, learning first week. I arrived last Wed night in Gwangju at about 1 am. Since then I have been training under other teachers, basically just observing their classes. Right now I only have a morning class, which I started teaching yesterday under another teachers supervision. Ill probably do that again today, and then tomorrow I will teach on my own. My kids are so cute. I have five 5 year olds (William, Christine, Alex, Angelina, and Charles-given english names). In Korea they count age differently so they say they are seven.

There is still snow on the ground from about a month ago. They don't have plows here so they removed the snow from the road with backhoes and other tractors, but a lot of the sidewalks are still iced over. So I slip my way to work every day.

I like Korean food, but kimchee will have to grow on me. Its interesting learning Korean customs, like taking your shoes off in restaurants and every other public space. Exchanging money with your right hand exchanged while your left hand holds your right elbow. I've definately broken my share of rules already, but those mistakes prevent future ones. So Im really just trying to get something on this blog. Ill give it a try now. Most of the page Im looking at is in Korean so its hard to know what to click. Here we go.

No comments: