1.25.2006

Ha

Ok, so I just wanted to send something out quick to say that Im still here. Life has picked up at a rapid pace the past few days. On Saturday I went for a morning walk and when I came back, my roomate, Ben, was about to leave to go home to NY. His brother has fallen very sick and his parents wanted him to come home. So he took a taxi to Incheon and flew out for NY on Sunday morning. So after my shock settled, I found myself alone in a two bedroom apartment. A day later I found myself with all his afternoon classes. Thus the past few days I have been trying to figure out what he's been teaching from other teachers, as well as my classes.

Despite the sudden shock of being thrown into new classes and expected to teach material I can't prepare for usually until Im in class, I love these classes. The students are relatively advanced, aged 10-12. Yesterday, I found out we are supposed to listen to and sing a song in my 4 oclock, so I printed out the lyrics for a song on the only cd I have here at school- U2 -Vertigo. I love it! Its even better than singing The Monster Mash in my morning class.

So with all this new work Im getting home around 7:45, cooking a quick dinner, and doing evaluations/preparation/ and grading until 11pm. And then I get up a half an hour early to come in and get what I didn't done. I don't think it will last too much longer, but it is very stressful for the time being.

Im doing well otherwise, just going a little crazy with so many things spinning around my head. I got around a bit this weekend seeing more of the city. Still played soccer on sunday, but I should definately give my knee more time. Weekend soon, and three days for the Chinese New Year. So I hope to find some time to email soon. Sorry for those waiting for replies.

Alright Im going to go cook some dinner and try to get done this work before 10. Not as much tonight. Peace.

No comments: